The Olympic Taekwondo Club(OTC) was started in the month of April 2013.
OTC is a registered Organisation under Section 10 of The Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act, 1975, (Tamil Nadu Act.27 of 1975) from January 2018.
OTC is a non-profit organisation is affiliated with Chennai District Taekwondo Association, which is affiliated with Sports Development Authority of TamilNadu(SDAT), TamilNadu TaekwonDo Association(TNTA), TaekwonDo Federation of India(TFI) and World TaekwonDo(WT) Korea.
The aims and objects of the Association shall be :
a) To be sole Association responsible for promotion and development of Taekwondo in the entire revenue jurisdiction within the district.
b) OTC affiliate itself to the District Taekwondo Association.
c) An association for the development of the Art of Taekwondo, an ancient martial art. To promote Taekwondo as a way of life, a philosophy and on art of endowing with discipline and self-confidence. Taekwondo is a cultural art and sport to train the mind and body; to promote goodwill, friendship, sportsmanship and mutual understanding and closer national fraternity.
d) To further the cause of Olympic Movement and do everything that may be necessary or expedient to keep the Olympic movement completely independent and entirely free from government, political, religious or communal influences.
e) To be the channel of communication between the affiliate centre of the club and the District Taekwondo Association.
f) To control members under the club in accordance with the constitution and Bye-Laws of this Club within the jurisdiction of the district.
g) To make rules and regulations in pursuance of the subject to this Memorandum of Association.
h) To give training to students to attain proficiency in the art of the Taekwondo which gives perfection the art of the Taekwondo; perfection in thoughts words and deeds along with self-defence.
i) To organize regular club championships at least one in every year; exhibition and demonstrations of the art of Taekwondo as and when possible; and such competitions as allowed by the District Taekwondo Association for making this ancient art of self-discipline and self-defence more popular in the district.
j) To maintain library for the benefit of the athletes.
k) To maintain record and panel of qualified referees and instructors of the district; to ensure that they impart training as per rules and regulation of DTA, STA the TFI and World Taekwondo.(WT)
l) To grant financial assistance to players and affiliated members, if funds permit.
m) To make, alter, maintain and enforce the rules and regulations for the control and governance of the game and maintain discipline and spirit of sportsmanship and camaraderie amongst, players, official, club/centers etc.
Name of Chief Instructor : C.SATHIYA SELVAN
Brief profile about Instructor.
Native place : Trichy.
Mile Stone Dates:
Date of Birth: 17th August 1977
Date of Joining: 10-05-1995 (Wednesday)
Date of Red Belt: April 1999
Date of Black Belt – I Dan: February 2012
Date of Black Belt – II Dan: December 2013
Date of Black Belt – III Dan: 02nd June 2016
1) February 1996 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
2) August 1997 in Ponmalai, Trichy,Tamil Nadu, India
3) December 2014 in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh, India
1) August 1997 in Srirangam, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India
2) April 1998 in Seventhday School, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India
Teaching career started: August 1999
Championships attended with Students:
1) April 2000 in Tiruverumbur, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India
2) June 2002 in Keeranur, Tamil Nadu, India
3) August 2013, Kilpauk, Chennai,Tamil Nadu, India
4) November 2014, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5) August 2016, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
6) 10th June 2017, Nehru Stadium, Chennai,Tamil Nadu, India
7) 25th June 2017, Nehru Stadium, Chennai,Tamil Nadu, India
8) 8th, 9th July 2017 in Salem, Tamil Nadu, India
1) October 1999 in Subramaniapuram, Trichy,Tamil Nadu, India
2) January 2000 in Crawford, Trichy,Tamil Nadu, India
3) August 2013 in T. Nagar, Chennai,Tamil Nadu, India
4) December 2016 in Annanagar, Chennai,Tamil Nadu, India
5) August 2017 in Purasaiwakkam, Chennai,Tamil Nadu, India
1) Master class in 27thDecember 2013 by Master Kiros Gebremeskel @ Bangalore, Karnataka, India
2) Master Class in 25thMarch 2017 by Grand Master Trevor Nicholls @ Tangerang, Indonesia
1. T.NAGAR :
a) FLAME FITNESS STUDIO, TIRUMALAI ROAD, CHENNAI -600017
b) JEEVA PARK, G.N.CHETTY ROAD, T.NAGAR, CHENNAI-600017
2. MADIPAKKAM :
HOBBY SCHOOL, OPPOSITE TO TOTAL GAZ, MADIPAKKM MAIN ROAD, MADIPAKKAM, CHENNAI-600 091
3. PURASAIWAKKAM :
TVH LUMBINI SQUARE, PURASAIWAKKAM, CHENNAI-600 007
GURUSAMY ENCLAVE, DR. GURUSAMY ROAD, CHETPET-600031
METROZONE, ANNANAGAR, CHENNAI-600040
DJ HOMES, PADAPPAI.
Samayapuram Nagar, Porur.
TEMPLE WAVES, KUNDRATHUR, CHENNAI-600069.