This Technical Area is provided by the Olympic Taekwondo Club.
Here you can find all 8 Tageuks, 9 Poomsaes and 10 Advanced Poomsaes. Movements as prescribed by Kukkiwon(World Taekwondo headquarters).
Also 2 basic patterns available. The basics are not standard one, which can vary from one club to other. It is developed for for beginners.
Essential Information about Poomsae
The following points should be considered while performing patterns:
1. Pattern should begin and end at exactly the same spot. This will indicate the performer’s accuracy.
2. Correct posture and facing must be maintained at all times.
3. Muscles of the body should be either tensed or relaxed at the proper critical moments in the exercise.
4. The exercise should be performed in a rhythmic movement with an absence of stiffness.
5. Movement should be accelerated or decelerated according to the instructions in this book.
6. Each pattern should be perfected before moving to the next.
7. Students should know the purpose of each movement.
8. Students should perform each movement with realism.
9. Attack and defence techniques should be equally distributed among right and left hands and feet.
The name of the pattern, the number of movements, and the diagrammatic symbol of each pattern symbolize either heroic figures in Korean history or instances relating to historical events. The interpretation of each pattern will be found on its specific page.
Since each Pattern has a close relationship with the fundamental exercise, students should practice the patterns according to the following graduation to attain the maximum results with the least effort.